2010 Webinar - Succession Planning and Management Transition: Critical, Undervalued and Rarely Done Well!
Succession Planning and Management Transition: Critical Undervalued, and Rarely Done Well!
June 2, 1:00 pm – 2:15pm ET
Download Webinar Flyer
Succession planning and management transition are enormously important challenges for all investment management firms. By failing to address these critical elements, investment managers jeopardize the well-being of their clients and the future of businesses they have spent years developing.
This webinar will provide a dialogue among principals of firms that have confronted these challenges and will examine issues that investment management firms should consider:
· Why do the vast majority of investment managers fail to tackle this challenge on a timely basis, if ever?
· Succession planning is not selling the firm! Selling a firm may amount to punting on the challenge – and creating capital value for some or solving estate planning challenges may do little or nothing for management transition.
· How does nepotism enhance the challenge, and how can families handle it well?
· Why is functional leadership throughout the firm becoming more important?
· How do the best management committees operate?
· What are the best practices for internal buy/sell agreements?
o Franchise protections
· How are clients and intermediaries acting on or reacting to this subject matter?
Please join Chas Burkhart, Frank Sands Sr., Gordon Marchand, and Rich Carriuolo for a 75-minute webinar on these and related issues.
To purchase a recording of this webinar, please complete a payment form and return it to IAA Director of Meetings and Events Lisa Gillette at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (202) 293-4223 (Fax).