2010 Webinar - Alternative Asset Markets: Overview & Due Diligence Best Practices
Registration for this event is closed. To purchase a recording of this event, please complete and return a webinar recording form.
2010 Webinar: Alternative Asset Markets: Overview & Due Diligence Best Practices
Thursday, October 14, 2010, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
Presenter Information: Laura Roden, VC Privé LLC; Patricia Watters and Mason Snyder, Catalina Partners (Biographies)
Alternative asset markets are complex, opaque, and constantly evolving. Keeping on top of the trends to provide solid advisory perspectives is a perennial challenge. This webinar is designed to provide both a top-down overview of what’s happening in the markets, with bottom-up guidance on how to conduct appropriate due diligence and monitor these opportunities.
Important Trends in the Private Equity and Hedge Fund Sectors
- What defines the “alternative asset fund market” in 2010?
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Hedge and CTA
- Distressed Sectors – Debt, Real Estate, and Secondaries
- Where is the money flowing right now, by fund type and strategy?
- What kind of terms are Limited Partners getting?
- What kind of returns are they expecting?
Managing the Managers: Best Practices in Operational Due Diligence
The financial turmoil of 2008, led by the collapse of credit markets and subsequent exposure of numerous frauds, brought on a crisis of confidence for investors. We’re now acutely aware that it’s not just the performance of the investment strategy, but also the robustness of the fund management team and infrastructure, that can make the difference between a prudent and a risky investment commitment to alternative assets. Evaluating this takes what we call “operational due diligence.” Focusing on the private fund sector, we’ll discuss:
- How is operational due diligence different from investment due diligence?
- Why is operational due diligence critical for today’s investment advisors?
- What are best practices for robust due diligence results?
Registration for this event is closed. To purchase a recording of this event, please complete and return a webinar recording form. If you have any questions, please contact the IAA at IAAEvents@investmentadviser.org or (202) 293-4222.