The IAA’s annual Leadership Conference took on a new shape in 2020 as Leadership Week, a virtual event over the course of four half days, October 5-8. The event brought together advisers from across the country for the topical sessions and small peer-to-peer breakouts that have made our traditional in-person event so popular, along with the policy themes and content usually featured during our annual Adviser Advocacy Day, including election analysis from David Wasserman, House Editor of The Cook Political Report.
We thank Mr. Wasserman and the over 40 industry experts who comprised the speaker roster, covering topics of critical importance to investment advisers, such as the future of ESG, the diversity, equity, & inclusion imperative, managing through a downtown, the outlook for M&A, and the key policy issues that will affect advisory businesses in the coming year.
Reports about these discussions may be found here.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: An Investment Industry Imperative
The historic lack of diversity in the investment industry is certainly no secret. In this Leadership Week plenary session, several industry leaders shared their experiences and thoughts about the path forward and the challenges faced, as our industry confronts and seeks to improve its record in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The panel, sponsored by Fidelity Investments, featured:
- Dana Emery, CFA, CIC, Chief Executive Officer & President, Dodge & Cox
- Gilbert A. Garcia, CFA, Managing Partner, Garcia Hamilton & Associates, L.P.
- Wendy E. John, Head of Global Diversity & Inclusion, Fidelity Investments, MODERATOR
- Keith A. Lee, President, Chief Investment Officer, & Senior Portfolio Manager, Brown Capital Management
- John W. Rogers, Jr., Founder, Chairman, Co-Chief Executive Officer, & Chief Investment Officer, Ariel Investments
Thank you to our sponsors and exhibitors!
Blue Chip Sponsors